In this tutorial I will show How To Make a backup on whole system and whole partitions of Alcatel One Touch STAR, Alcatel IDOL, Alcatel XPOP, MPOP, SPOP and other MTK Android devices with by means of SP FLASH TOOL.
Why do we need backup ?
Тhe answer is very simple backup is necessary for the following cases:
- If you have deleted or modified some files from phone after root.
- If you experiment with phone system files.
- If you need to return it for warranty for any reason it is necessary to have a default system files on your phone as it was purchased.
- Or just for any case, just you have a backup of whole system partitions files and folders.
Let's create a Backup!
First you need to download:
- MTK drivers - link
- Sp Flash Tool(backup & flashing MTK devices program) - link
- I provide my scatter file from Alcatel One Touch STAR 6010X (if you have device with MT6575 or other chipset use your own scatter) or if you want to know how to create scatter file check this tutorial on my blog - my scatter download link
1.Open Flash_Tool.exe from Sp Flash Tool zip archive.
2.Go to top to file and select Open Scatter-loading file and find scatter file.
4.You will see this in the picture and "double click to change file, address, lenght"
5.In this step you can optionally set a name of Backup but after "ROM_"here your text and therefore press save button.
6.Now again will be appear another window with some settings see on picture below.
Open scatter file and copy 0x375ec000 block address
7.Plug usb cable and wait drivers to be installed correctly
8.And proccess of full backup will be begin and therefore will be saved on chosen place
Backup process lasts approximately 30 minutes drink a cup of coffee and it is ready.
Finally will show a green circle means that the process is finished.
note: for each device is different duration on some maybe 10min. 20min.
It does not end there at next post I will show you how to split created backup to ready for restore from Sp Flash Tool.