What is scatter file and where it is used ?
Scatter file is the text file with addresses of the blocks of phone.
Scatter file is necessary for Sp Flash Tool for backing up phone or flashing custom Recovery, kernel etc.
I will show to you how can create scatter file from MTK based device specially for Alcatel STAR 6010X.
In this tutorial I using Alcatel One Touch STAR 6010X Android MTK for creating scatter.
Files required for download:
- Install ADB drivers you can download from - link
- Install somewhere MTK Droid tools - link (for some reasons stop for little time your antivirus software)
- Launch MTK Droid tools
- Plug usb cable and enable USB debugging (if you don't know where is this go to settings->about phone->advanced->debugging and tick usb debugging).
- Press Block Map as you can see on screen below
- After will appear next window then press Create scatter file
- Finally you need to save created scater file to PC under extension txt but don't change name of scatter just save with default generated name I just wrote the name for example reason.Generated name will be like this MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt